Thursday 21 May 2015

Jane Austen's House

I went to Jane Austen's House Museum yesterday with my friend and teacher. We saw Alpacas on the way to there. It was the first time to see it. It was very pretty and friendly, but not good smell...hehe I couldn't touch them. I regretted that I should touch them...



Then, we arrived at her house after about 10 minutes walk from the bus stop. I tought as I saw the house that haw pretty garden it is!! The garden was surrounded by many kinds of flowers. We explored the house by ourselves. The most surprising thing inside that Jane Austen used the very tiny table to write her manuscripts. Incredible!! I thought before that normally a writer write on the large table because they have lots of drafts an
d pictures to built up their imagination. It was over my imagination. I wonder how she expanded her imagination with her tiny chair and table.

  


During my exploring inside, I talked to one elderly woman. She recommended reading "Pride and Prejudice", so I'll try in the near future. The original objects were very fascinating and like a miniature.

After that, we went to the cafe. I had English a fruit scone and a cup of espresso coffee. The scorn was great!! I liked it. I didn't know how strong espresso coffee is because the espresso in Japan is normally not so strong, so I'll try "Latte" next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment