Friday 8 May 2015

Cathedral in Salisbury

We went to the Cathedral in Salisbury as a excursion yesterday. It was very very big than I expected. The Cathedral is the old building which was built in 1253. We went to not only the Cathedral but also Magna Carta exhibition.




Magna Carta exhibition
    Magna Carta was written on parchment in 1250. It is the first document about the law in England and everybody had to obey. The Barons made the King John sign it because the King John had raised tax and demanded lots of money from the people in England. So the Barons had to control King John.


Then this is the Magna Carta. The Magna Carta is really tiny and no space because it is written on the parchment. The parchment is very expensive. I was impressed this tiny!!!! Moreover, I couldn't read... 





The Cathedral
   The Cathedral in Salisbury is very big and large Gothic church. There were lots of the historical things, such as very long the tower and spire, the statue of Bishop, and the beautiful stained glass. When I saw these things, I was impressed this size of the church. Then the tour guide lady took us around the Cathedral and told us about it. It was difficult to catch her talking, but I could feel the beauty of it. The Cathedral was very quiet place and I could feel calm. It was interesting and fascinating for me because the history in England is much bigger and wider than Japan, and also different!!




We walked a lot (over 12000 steps!!!) However, It was great building!! I was excited to go there and see lots of historical things indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment