Thursday 30 July 2015

The Newforest Show

I went to The New Forest Show yesterday with my teachers and friend. It was a cloudless sky in the morning, but end up a cloudy one. Unfortunately, it got overcast, but quite nice day out!! It is said that this festival is very traditional English one. I don't have any sort of festival in Japan, so it was quite interesting to wander around. Obviously the place was enormous, and there was a massive crowd of people. When I learned that this festival was originally held in the first World War to produce many bins of jam and that it represents a respect for women, I thought it is a great culture and a way of thinking because Japanese people still respect women, but this sort of event haven't been held before. However, many farmers who is not only women but men join it now, though. I believe this big event is a very good opportunity to show audience their effort and much work. I wish Japan would have similar one...





Animals, Vegetables, flower arrangements, arts, wood sculptures, and something like that are very popular in Japan, but the dancing sheep show which one group of sheep dances rhythmically with music, horse jump time racing, and dressage are not. Three of them are much popular than Japan, so it was so fascinating. However, I have never seen such huge vegetables in front of me before. How huge it is, I thought. I wondered how they looked after. Unless they look after very constantly, vegetables died very quickly, so I think it is apparently great work. I cannot do that, though. Horses are seem to be one of a symbol in UK, and are worth being treated very nicely. Animals zones, especially cattle's one, were stinky, but they were so cute. I held a one-week-old chick. I wanted to squash it. Oh my gosh... I could keep it safe anyway...hehe










I ate many pieces of food testing and traditional pie; Curried Lamb, for lunch. It was not warm, but tasty!! I enjoyed it. All of food testing were made in UK and very fresh. It was quite nice. I found that traditional food in UK is almost covered with a pie and has many ingredients in a pie. It's more complicated than Japanese traditional food. I can eat it without a fork and knife everywhere even if I don't have a seat. Traditional food with a pie is more to my taste than flied food.








After that, I visited my host family's house. Even now, they have provided me a meal sometimes. Moreover, mum cooked Cottage pie and Samosas which both of them are my favourite food. It was so yummy. I was happy to see them indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment