Thursday 18 June 2015

The National Gallery and the National Portrait Gallery

Yesterday, I went to the National Gallery and the National Portrait Gallery where there are many famous paintings. Both of them were so crowded even not weekend. I'm introducing my favourite 5 paintings.



The first picture is "Sunflowers". As you know, it is painted by Van Gogh, and very famous around the world. This painting depicts power and calm, I think. If I have a duplicated painting in my house, it would give me power and relaxation. Initially, the yellow is the most favourite colour of all because this colour makes me happy and cheerful!! His painting is sensitive, and even if his painting is used same colours, the colour varies delicately with each flower.

Second is "The Water-Lily Pond". It is painted by Monet. I like this expression of landscape. It is beautiful that there are many white and light pink flowers on the pond and these flowers match atmosphere in background. I thought I would like to jump into this painting and have a picnic. Moreover, I painted it when I was a high school student. I couldn't paint well because I'm obviously not good at painting.

The third picture is "Harvest Le Pouldu". It is painted by Paul Gauguin, and this is my most favourite painting in the National Gallery because the mountain seems to express 4 seasons. As you can see, the mountain has many colours; green, orange, light grey, and dark green. Mountains in Japan change colours as the season changes as well. So, I felt it is similar to Japanese mountains. Moreover, I like the colours generally.

Fourth is "An Old Woman". It is painted by Quinten Massys. It is said that this painting is the most horrible face in the world of paintings. I didn't know if it is a woman or man until I saw the title. To be honest, I could paint like it... And, it is funny that the woman doesn't have her hair in the middle of head. Her hair style looks like the Devil.

Fifth is "Queen Victoria". It is from the National Portrait Gallery. When I saw this painting, not only did I think that what I saw on the excursions so far was painted in it, such as the crown and stick, but also I recognised the value at that time long long time ago. Moreover, I thought this last 3 weeks educational excursion connects one by one. I had valuable experiences so far.
(I quoted on web)

No comments:

Post a Comment