Monday 22 June 2015

Last weekend with my host family

This weekend was the last when I spent with my host family. It enjoyed very much!!!!


On, Saturday, I went to Peter's primary school fete and helped with my host family. It is a kind of charity event. They not only sold old toys and uniforms but also cupcake which many mothers made and foods which is provided from Kyoto kitchen, performed dancing, and many various entertainment things. It was very fantastic!! I don't have this sort of thing in my primary school in Japan, so I was interested. I enjoyed my cupcake. It was delicious and sweet!! I thought this sort of cooperating event is very good, and a nice time to not only share with friends but also got to know a new friend.


On Sunday, it is "Father's day" on 21st of June. I texted my father in Japan. I had a BBQ; turkey burger, kebab, sausage, rice, salad, sweet corn, mushroom, and chips, in our garden with my host family. BBQ in England is completely different from Japanese one because in Japan we don't make a burger and kebab, and baked just naked meats and vegetables on the metal net. When we have a BBQ, we absolutely make a baked Onigiri which is the shape of triangle, and seasoned by salt and soy source. Then we have to bake till it has scorch!! When I have a BBQ next time with my host family, I would teach how to make baked Onigiri. It was a bit windy, but I enjoyed!!! It was the first BBQ in a year!! Suddenly, my host family's children gave me a present afterwards!!! I was impressed. They gave me a mag cap in Portsmouth which my mother bought me, and Portsmouth is where I went with my host family for the first time since I came, two coasters; one is from my host family's old son, the other is from younger son, my favourite jelly HARIBO and jam, and the lovely letter from my host mother. I have met a lovely family. I just appreciate their kindness. I make sure I will give a big thanks back to them. Oh my goodness!! Such a brilliant.
I'm sure I will come to their house again and again!!!! It is not goodbye, just see you again.




Then, when I stayed away from their house in this morning, I gave a big hug to my family. I am already miss them, but I am excited that my new life in the accommodation starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment